7.7.12

Neon Rope and Hexnuts Necklace. (DIY Tutorial)



Hey! I couldn't wait to post a new DIY. This time I'm mixing two of my favourite things for this summer: neon and hexnuts. I like how they look together. I was thinking of making my own neon necklace for a while. One day I found some neon rope at a local store and I couldn't wait to turn it into something fashionable. That's how I decided to make a new necklace. It is really easy get yout own. Just read the following steps!







What you will need:

-180 cm (70.9 in) of neon rope
-25 hexnuts
-6 jumprings
-a closure
-25 cm (9.8 in) of chain
-30 gauge wire
-scissors


1. Take your neon rope and cut it into 2 equal pieces.




2. Slip all your rope pieces through a jump ring.




3. Using the wire, secure your ropes. This way you will be sure they will not fall.




4. Then start braiding. You should have at least three braids, before getting to the next step.




5. After that, start threading your hexnuts and keep on braiding. 



I kept all my hexnuts on one side.



5. After threading all your hexnuts, braid three times, just like at the begining. This way your necklace will look armonically.




6. Now, you will slip a jumpring at the end of your braiding and fix the end with some wire. Then, just cut the excess of rope.




7. Cut the chain into 2 equal pieces.




8. Add the chains to the jumprings at the end of your braiding.




9. Add the closure and you are done




That's my neon necklace with hardware accents. What do you think about it? Would you try making your own?

Have a nice evening!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful necklace!!! thank you so much for your visit!
    I follow you now!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

I like every single comment you leave on my page. So don't hesitate! Your oppinion is really important for me!

Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you very soon.